Feeling unworthy is a constant battle. It can be an everyday feeling that drains that is why everyday we need to rise up and fight it off. For people who've been struggling with the feeling of being unworthy, there's that inner voice that maybe you a mistake. I felt that too. This is because most times despite being good at what I did I never got the appreciation instead I got constant comparison which brought me down. My turn around was the moment that I decided I don't need any approval or reassurance to feel great. I took it to myself. That's why even on the days I wasn't celebrated, I turned myself a party a day would be happy about it.
In my time, I've noticed that it drains being seen as a mistake, especially on things we ain't in control off. But if we are mistakes, then it's all of us. Because no one has without a fault its just sad how people rub it into others while they fail to fault themselves. There's a saying beautiful imperfections, this is true for even the greatest of art was made after constant trials and errors before they got it right.
I've always thought I'm a mistake
A freak of nature that's why,
i prefer being left alone to make
My own path where no one will pry
For eyes have been glaring since my fall
It's hard not thinking you not a mistake
Cause everyone can see you always trying get over the wall
Onto the other side hoping that things will be different, but it's all fake
I've always though I'm a mistake
A product that left the line
For I was eager to come to make
The most of what life has on the line
For whispers grew to noise this days
With people not afraid to speak their mind
With many advices on different ways
That I'll get healed or atleast faith I'll find
I've always been called a mistake
That's why everyone is trying so hard
To let me know that there's a way to make
All this go away, saying I should give up what I had
But don't call me a mistake
Cause I ain't one, I'm just misunderstood
That's why people come up with theories to make
Me look like I'm no good