As a PWD, how comfortable are you in your own skin?


Personally am very comfortable with the way I am..I see nothing wrong with my physical outlook..My only challenge is a limiting belief of how I think other people think of me but am working on it.

I would like to hear thoughts for my daughters sake

After years and years of struggling with acceptance, I can confidently say that the journey towards being comfortable with myself is going smoothly. I do understand what you mean when you say you are yet to come to terms with how other people react to you but I believe these are parts of our lives that we cannot escape. While it may take time, It is possible to be at peace with the stares, the distasteful comments and indirect discrimination. You don’t have to accept it but you can be aware enough to not let them affect you.

Thank you for the insightful advice @Brian54

As an Autistic and I also have hemiplegia which affects the left side of my body. I had insecurities about the way I would function with my right and it looked weird to me, I always felt cautious about how I looked, Which affected me in my teenage years until college a friend of mine noticed and he lifted my spirits and always affirmed to me that I'm imperfect and being imperfect makes me more human and that what matters is how amazing I am. That to date has always lifted my spirits.