Adaptive sports

Настройки

One fun recreational activity for pwds is adaptive sports. You would ask why right?

Well!! Fitness isn't just for fitness purposes but has other benefits to it, these sports are modified to accommodate different abilities and can be enjoyed by individuals with various disabilities. Some examples of adaptive sports include wheelchair basketball, seated volleyball, adaptive skiing and para-swimming These activities also offer opportunities for social interactions and friendly competitions. Additionally, adaptive sports organizations and clubs often provide support and resources to help individuals with disabilities get involved and participate in these activities.

Want to know more about the organizations and clubs that offer such opportunities read the article below.

Тэги темы:

Комментарии

• MikkiTarz
    Настройки

I believe it would be beneficial if there were recruitment efforts to attract individuals to this sport, as many people are unaware of its existence. Furthermore, there might be individuals with disabilities who possess an interest in participating. I strongly sense that there's a significant gap to be filled in terms of both increasing participation numbers and raising awareness about these programs. It's crucial to ensure that these initiatives are widely known and accessible, with the goal of benefiting a diverse range of individuals. As emphasis is placed on various sports, I am of the opinion that it's equally important to spotlight specialized sports, especially to tap into the vast potential that Kenya has to offer.

• BKiwu
    BKiwu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Настройки

Very true @MikkiTarz More awareness needs to be done on adaptive sports and their value beyond the recreational aspect. They could be used as a form of economic empowerment for professional players and as a career field for those that do not want to join academic dependent fields.

Разделы