Able Gamers Combating Social Isolation through gaming

Настройки

As I was reminiscing and diving into the world of gaming I came across a gamer's community that promotes inclusivity by using the power of video games to bring people together, improving pwds quality of life with recreation and rehabilitation.

Their mission is, to create opportunities that enable play in order to combat social isolation, foster inclusive communities, and improve the quality of life for people with disabilities.

With the recent technology improving on a daily basis innovative engineers continue to adjust controllers that can be used by pwds that struggle with fine motor skills in turn can be a very good way to improve hand movement and can be very therapeutic.

Below is a youtube link I'm sharing about a once-regular guy who was involved in an accident and is an Able gamer now and is enjoying the benefits of such an uplifting recreational activity.

Тэги темы:

Комментарии

• MikkiTarz
    Настройки

Thanks for this great find. I've learnt a lot by reading and watching this inspiring story. The beauty of gaming is its got that adrenaline rush just like when you could be actually playing the sport. It gets someone psyched up and enthusiastic about the whole experience. Great having people to share it with.

• BKiwu
    BKiwu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Настройки

I love gaming because contrary to what most people think, gaming engages all parts of the body especially the brain which is good for learning and making it fun, thus it's easy to remember what you've learnt. Nice post @SarahBosibori

• SarahBosibori
    Настройки

Thanks @MikkiTarz and @BKiwu hoping one day we will game together 😎😎😎😎

• Wilie
    Настройки

I have ever read about the guys. By creating inclusive environments that cater to diverse needs, AbleGamers fosters connections among gamers who might otherwise be isolated due to physical or cognitive differences. The shared experience of gaming transcends boundaries, allowing PwD to engage in meaningful social interactions, build friendships, and partake in communities that understand and embrace their unique challenges. AbleGamers' commitment to accessibility not only opens doors to entertainment but also dismantles barriers to human connection, illustrating how gaming can be a transformative tool in combating the pervasive issue of social isolation.

Разделы