Do you Know about Keita?

Настройки

Salif Keita is a world-renowned musician and activist well-known as the "Golden Voice of Africa" to the '90s kids like myself he was known as the "AFRICA" song guy. That song was an earworm to many of us Kenyans back in the day😁😁 we only could understand the chorus of the song that had him and his background singers singing ''Africa, ohh, ohh, Africa Africa ehhh" several times because the rest of the lyrics are in french.

Salif Keita is a Malian-born man that has albinism a condition that is often misinterpreted as an ill omen in most countries in Africa.

He is also a descendant of warrior princes, meaning he is royalty, born in a lineage of musicians with direct links to a heroic 13th-century warrior prince who edified the ancient Malian Empire.

Keita was forbidden to play music growing up, he was disowned by his father and rejected by the local aristocracy.

Passing through the stigma and rejection didn't stop him from going for his musical ambitions, he left Mali and travelled to various countries before finally making it to New York where his skin colour couldn't keep him from expressing his artistic vision.

His perseverance and drive finally paid off.

Throughout the 70s and 90's he became an internationally recognized icon thanks to his gravelly voice, innovative musical arrangement and profoundly poetic lyrics.

In our world, as pwds we go through a lot of misconceptions that come with society's views on our conditions but look at Keita he broke the barriers and followed his dreams. He now has his own Global foundation that raises awareness of albinism.

Through his musical journey, he managed to bag awards.

I mean nothing is ever impossible so long as you have the drive and put your vision to reality the rest is history💪💪

Am I right?

Тэги темы:

Комментарии

Разделы