My experience as a judge of Mr and Miss Autism Kenya

Настройки

It first came as a surprise, Sarah Bosibori a judge for the pageant that I had a title to, how? with little experience on the runway. I had my doubts trust me🙈, the shy me, the anxious me. still? It didn't run through my mind, really until I went through the experience on the criteria behind judging not just autistics. Still, I judged neurotypicals as one thing I have never had the opportunity to do so. It felt so different having to be a judge and I looked at the contestants reminiscing about the time I was once them. facing the judges and trying to impress them by the way I spoke, the way I carry myself, how confident I am and why am there for? all those questions in mind🙈🙈so me and my feelings of an empath, how will I hack this? This is back in 2022, now 2023 came and I was requested to become a judge again, I happily accepted and that meant that even my anxiety and having to be Autistic didn't affect my judgement, basically I was trusted with the right decision-making ensuring we have crowned the suitable contestant that will represent Kenya as Autism ambassadors. If you ask me it's a major deal, It is a huge inclusive task. Who would think that an Autistic individual can have such an opportunity??? I mean it's surreal😊

On top of that, I have crowned too. Having the opportunity to crown my fellow autistics, passing the courage and the strengths that come with a crown holder. It's a feeling that I can never take for granted and I'm forever grateful.

Having such power and not knowing the impact that it creates, demystifying the misconceptions people have about neurodiverse individuals. breaking the barriers too, It's a fulfilling feeling. THANK YOU Readyaiders in partnership with StepUp4Autism for being my support system and my other home away from home. That's inclusivity at its best😊

Тэги темы:

Лучшие ответы

Ответы

• SarahBosibori
    Настройки

for autistics we often look for talent and confidence they bring as they walk on the runway. Most of us are very talent oriented and we tend to be confident in whatever we grasp after training. for non-autistics it's way different hence the questions asked on various things such as having a reason why they thought of the pageant. What do they know autism is? etc.

• BKiwu
    BKiwu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Настройки

That's awesome

• MikkiTarz
    Настройки

To more opportunities like that. Its a great story that will inspire many others. Keep up the good work you do in Autism advocacy. 👏🏽

Разделы