How is the holiday for you as a pwd?

Настройки

The holiday season for some of us has been great having to socialize more with friends, catch up with family members, attending family gatherings and the like but for some it isn't very good. Having to deal with judgmental family members that stigmatise you because of the traits that come with your condition. Getting isolated from the festivity. our community or the village that raised us can be cold at times though some are starting to embrace our uniqueness. How is your holiday coming through?

Тэги темы:

Ответы

• BKiwu
    BKiwu ✭✭✭✭✭
    Настройки

Am always at a cross road whether to like or dislike the holiday season. Reason being its the most disruptive time with a lot of movements and a departure from what am used to and at times moving to places am not so comfortable at. But at the same time, I enjoy the curiosity of little children staring at my wheelchair at family gatherings and paying attention to how their parents answer questions to how I look.

My highlight for the season is how I bond with the children and keep them company as they watch cartoon in the house as we wait for the festive meal to be served. And since I love cartoons, I get to re-live my childhood days in the name of keeping kids entertained. I like it here.

Разделы