Fear of thrombosis

Настройки

I've never had thrombosis before, I'm lying awake all night with fear again. I have a pulling sensation in my leg but can still feel the pulse in my ankle.

I am 20 years old and have no previous illness, I am on the pill and a little overweight.

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Комментарии

• Response 1:

Hello, it's best to talk to your doctor.

The pill is always a danger, maybe he will prescribe another one.

Response 2:

If you can only sleep for 4 hours because of an idea, it is more likely a psychosis than a thrombosis. To get a thrombosis at your age would be unusual. Otherwise you can get aspirin or paracetamol in any drugstore, which also thins the blood. For your sex life, I would recommend anything but the pill ... a man can also use contraception!

Response 3:

A thrombosis can be arterial or venous.

Arterial thrombosis would be something that can occur especially with arteriosclerosis. The consequence would be that the flow of blood down to the foot would be impeded or would stop, that the pulse would decrease or stop altogether, that you would get pain when walking a certain distance (it is also called "shop window disease").

Venous thrombosis means that the return flow of blood from the leg to the heart is impeded and the leg can then swell and become bluish in colour, the pulse does not have to be particularly absent at first.

But there is still a lot of pulling in a calf, so you wouldn't necessarily think of thrombosis from pulling pain. My leg usually hurts because I hit it (but you can't see all the bruises from the outside), or because I put too much or the wrong kind of strain on the muscles. Maybe you've overlooked one or two small thromboses in your life, and then you just get older. By far not every thrombosis in a leg vein is a dramatic event, the vast majority are not noticed or hardly noticed at all.

But if you are worried, you can go and see a doctor. It makes sense to get advice on this even if you don't have a leg vein thrombosis.

On the one hand, there are tests where you can see if you have a congenital increased tendency to thrombosis. Activated protein C resistance (APC resistance) is probably the most common congenital risk factor for thrombosis.

Once you have mapped out your risk profile, the question is how to proceed.

In addition to frequent exercise, which is important anyway, an important preventive step would be to wear support stockings in a disciplined way. All in all, it is important to take care of your own thrombosis prophylaxis.

I don't think you should worry too much, but a lifestyle somewhat geared towards prevention can certainly help.

Especially in the field of thrombosis, medicine has a lot to offer in terms of advice and possibilities for prevention, so I think that we all hope that you don't have or get anything like that, but why not use the great worry about it as an opportunity for a precautionary visit to the doctor.

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Разделы