Sleep disorder/sleep problems/insomnia/problems getting to sleep and sleeping through the night

Настройки

Hello first of all

I am new here in the community and maybe someone can give me some advice. My husband passed away about 3 years ago and I had a stroke shortly after. Since that time I have had massive sleep problems / insomnia.

As I have to take medication because of my stroke, I can't take sleeping pills as they don't mix with my other medication. I was once prescribed Zopiclon by my family doctor (very strong sleeping pills), but I stopped taking them after 1 week because the side effects were really bad. I also tried some homeopathic remedies, but none of them were successful.

I am really desperate because I can't get any rest at night and I just can't fall asleep and during the day I can't really take part in life any more because my eyes close from tiredness and I just vegetate. (For this reason, I have been unable to work for about 1.5 years).

I have also posted this emergency call in other forums in the hope of receiving lots of good advice or helpful tips. I would like to talk to other people who are suffering.

I am grateful for any advice

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Комментарии

• Response 1:

Please don't get angry but somehow I am glad that pharmaceutials are not helping you.

I see 2 ways in which you can approach the issue. Psychosomatics says that almost every physical ailment is based on a mental one. The loss of your partner and the stroke were upsetting events. How about finding good friends or a psychotherapist. You need to learn to look forward again, and for that you need support.

To fall asleep I would try natural remedies like valerian.

Response 2:

I don't know if it will help you, but it's worth a try.

A few months ago, I had problems falling asleep due to stress. Self-hypnosis, a kind of autogenic training, helped me to switch off stressful and unpleasant thoughts, relax and thus fall asleep better.

Maybe it will help you😀 In any case, I wish you a speedy recovery from your problem.

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Разделы