Heels are burning like fire, presumably because of diabetes 2

Настройки

Woke up in the nursing home last week with insane pain in my heels and knees. The home management arranged transport to the hospital. At the hospital I was given infusions for the pain, which disappeared in no time. When I woke up the next morning in the hospital, I had the same pain again. X-rays were taken of my legs and knees, but nothing was found. I have diabetes 2 and suspect a connection. I am now back in the home with the same problem (only pain in the morning). During the day the pain disappears. I wonder if there are any other methods or diagnostics to determine the causes.

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Комментарии

• Response 1:

I am also diabetic 2 with left forefoot amputation and right toe amputation.

I also had this burning sensation in both feet, heel and top.

A neurologist advised me to use an ointment with capsaicin in it. 😃

It helped wonderfully. Ask your doctor if he also recommends this 😀.

Good luck 😃

Kind wishes

Response 2:

Yes, I'm familiar with that. It gets better with exercise, even if you think you can't put any weight on your foot (because of blood circulation). I have to say, however, that I only started having these problems when I was taking certain diabetes medicines. After other bad side effects occurred, I stopped taking the medication and the pain disappeared. Unfortunately, the pain in my knee remained. These are symptoms of diabetes. By the way: my neighbour has the same pain but with a different cause - alcohol.

On the one hand, it might be that the blood vessels are affected, which leads to circulatory disorders, (in ischaemic foot whole tissue areas die off)...

On the other hand, it could be a neuropathic foot whereby the peripheral nerves are damaged. Usually both occur together.

Talk to your doctor if it is possible to adjust your medication.

I have not tried capsaicin, but it should help with blood circulation because it dilates the blood vessels. However, it can cause severe itching.

All the best!

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Разделы