Ich brauche ein Rollstuhl! Bitte helfen? (in Englisch)

Optionen
mein Deutsch ist wirklich nicht gut, ich schreibe in Englisch, Entschuldigungen

Hello, I am moving to Berlin but I can only walk short distances and I need an electric wheelchair to be able to go around and have something of a normal life.
Do you know if I have to buy the chair myself or if the health insurance will pay for it?

Someone told me that health insurance can pay for rental, but I will need it for at least some years, so do you think it is better to buy it?

Any suggestions are very welcome
Also, if you know a good place in Berlin where to buy a folding electric wheelchair or scooter...
Thank you for reading

Antworten

• Hello,

well, it will depend on what kind of health insurance you have. If you have a standard German health insurance (e.g. because you have German spouse and have your spouse's insurance or you work under a German contract) and you are permanently based in Germany, then your doctor needs to give you a prescription for the electric wheelchair. With that you can go to the health insurance and if they are also convinced you need the wheel chair they will pay (and I take it the normal model is that the chair remains formally within the property of the insurance, but it will given to you for permanent use). However, for example if they think you can use a normal hand wheelchair, you may not get the electric one. I also don't think it's within your choice whether the wheelchair is rented in this case or not, this is for the insurance to decide.

And please do not expect the insurance to accept paperwork in English or speak the language, so please do make sure that someone can help you with that.

As to where to buy it: please google "Sanitätshaus" and you will find the relevant places.

Good luck, ananim
Diese Diskussion wurde geschlossen.