Did you know that Sensory overstimulation is often due to hypomagnesaemia and hypokalaemia?
Nonspeaking autistic people usually DON'T have an intellectual disability, but a problem with purposeful movement.
Hypomagnesaemia is a condition in which someone has abnormally low levels of magnesium in their blood. The condition can occur if people do not get magnesium in their diet, if they are not able to absorb magnesium properly, or if they lose too much magnesium in their urine
It's treated by magnesium tablets taken by mouth.
Hypokalaemia is an electrolyte characterised by low serum potassium concentrations.
It is treated by potassium supplements by providing 60 to 80 mm per day in divided doses over days to weeks is usually sufficient.
- 1K All Categories
- 203 Community
- 18 Welcome & Introductions
- 20 Forum Support & Feedback
- 20 Editorial posts
- 57 Coffee Lounge
- Search & Offer
- 10 Discovery Awards Community 🚀
- 77 Local communities exchange
- 231 Health Themes
- 70 Physical Disabilities
- 57 Mental Health & Psychosocial Disabilities
- 15 Sensory Disabilities
- 36 Intellectual Disabilities
- 25 Chronic Diseases
- 28 Assistive Technology & Therapy
- 586 Living Themes
- 37 Education
- 148 Job & Profession
- 29 Travel & Mobility
- 31 Home & Living
- 63 Relationships & Sexuality
- 16 Family & Children
- 179 Inclusion & Current Affairs
- 36 Sports & Leisure