Autistic Women and motherhood

I'm pretty sure, almost most of us have little to know about Autistic adults that have their own families.

Most of us are still in the relationship phase and learning to grow and get to the next stage of life: marriage and family life.

personally, I have interacted with quite a few people who are Autistic and are married or single parents.

Most of them find ways of living a typical life despite having traits that affect how they interact with their children. most have coping mechanisms that make it easier for them to become great parents.

They do get access to support for themselves and their family too.

There are countless blogs about Autistic adults and their children, they share their experiences on motherhood or parenthood that do change the narrative of how we are perceived in society.

Elieen Lamb is one of the bloggers I have followed and her website is called The Autism Cafe. Eileen Lamb, author of "All Across The Spectrum" and “Be The One,” is the founder of The Autism Cafe. She’s also a writer, photographer, and podcast host. Born in France, Eileen now lives in Austin, Texas, with her two sons, Charlie (9) and Jude (6), and their baby sister, Billie. On her blog, she shares the ups and downs of raising a severely autistic child while being on the autism spectrum herself.

Best Answer

Answers