📢 Light for the World and United Disabled Persons of Kenya are looking for Micro Entrepreneurs with disabilities to be supported under the Inclusive Business program.
Target: Nairobi, Kiambu, Machakos, Meru, Laikipia, Kakamega, Migori, Homabay.
Project Timeline: 2022 to 2024
Support being offered:
• Provision of business and technical skills training; business training will be provided by a
business development service provider based on the curriculum provided. Technical training will
be provided upon request by experts on the topic.
• Support market linkages between micro entrepreneurs and Public and Private Institutions (PPIs)
-micro-entrepreneurs will identify PPIs they would want to engage in business and will be
guided on the best way to approach them.
• Provision of self-advocacy training and safeguarding principles; training on the rights of persons
with disabilities and how to express those rights. Safeguarding training on the process of
reporting complaints, feedback, and the response to expect.
• Supporting micro entrepreneurs with disabilities to attend exhibitions to show case their
Type of businesses are we looking for
A business that:
• Is operated by a person with disability or a primary caregiver to a person with a disability who is
registered with the National Council for Persons with Disability or in the process of registration
• It is located within the said counties.
• Has a business license/ permit or is in the process of acquiring one.
• It has been in existence for 6 months.
• Makes a monthly income of Ksh.10,000
If you meet the above criteria, please apply using this link: https://bit.ly/Micro-EntrepreneurMobilization
Or visit the National Council for Person with Disability office in your county for support.
Or reach out to an Organizations of Persons with Disabilities in your county
Deadline for application is January 15th 2023 close of business.
Note: Hand delivery applications will NOT be accepted.
For further queries, please call 0705 574373
Microentrepreneur Recruitment |Dec 2022