Join the community

Register now

WORLD SIGHT DAY

'Love Your Eyes.'

The purpose of World Sight Day is to increase awareness about eye health. It is celebrated on the second Thursday of October each year.

Over 2.2 billion individuals, or one-quarter of the global population, are visually impaired. And approximately half of this vision impairment might have been averted or may be avoided in the future.

People's life have changed as a result of the epidemic, including a surge in online schools, work from home, social networking, online meetings, and webinars. Electronic gadgets have become an indispensible element of daily life.

Computer Vision Syndrome (CVS) or Digital Eye Strain (DES) is an eye condition induced by the usage of a laptop, computer, television, phones, and tablets. Blurred vision for close objects, headache, eyestrain, and light sensitivity are all symptoms of digital eye strain.

With digital gadgets dominating our everyday lives, it is critical to balance screen time for our healthy eyes and overall well-being. To reduce or prevent the disease, follow the 20-20-20 rule, maintain proper sitting posture and chair position, limit screen time as much as possible, encourage outdoor activities for children, and finally, have regular eye exams to rule out associated refractive errors that can aggravate digital eye strain.

Best Answers

• WilieWilie ke ✭✭✭
    edited 13. Oct 2022, 10:22 Answer ✓

There is no better way to show love for others around the world than to help to ensure they can see a brighter future for themselves and their families.

Very informative.

• SarahBosiboriSarahBosibori Kenya ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓

Very informative, by the way we do take things for granted. I feel like if technology changes, we forget about the vision impaired individuals all because we want to revolve.

• AnyikaAnyika ke ✭✭
    Answer ✓

This is a very important aspect of our health... but I am disturbed that I have not taken note of these important days in our calendar.