Join the community

Register now

Does your disability affect your diet? Can you eat anything you want or do you have restrictions?

Brian54Brian54 ✭✭✭
edited 15. Sep 2022 in Home & Living

Best Answers

• BKiwuBKiwu ke ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

Am a poor feeder but the foods I don't eat are not because of my disability. Technically I can eat anything but I don't like some overhyped fruits like ovacado pawpaw and sweet potatoes. 🀣🀣🀣🀣🀣 But I avoid wheat products because of heartburn. Call me for a steak anydayπŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

• verogakioverogakio ke ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

With people with autism, there are certain foods that are advised to be avoided eg wheat, daily, sugars but to name a fee. Then there us the fact that they are also very picky eaters especially at a young age they prefer very specific and few foods to eat.

• AnyikaAnyika ke ✭✭
    Answer βœ“

My disability does not in any way affect my diet. I eat and behave normally towards my food and diet.

• BharathML9483BharathML9483 in ✭
    Answer βœ“

I am not thinking so we can go through what ever we want

• MikkiTarzMikkiTarz ke ✭✭✭
    Answer βœ“

I'd say it doesn't restrict me to what I eat but as a pwd, we need to be conscious about our diet. People with physical disability for instance, when we add weight drastically, it hinders our movement. We need to be constantly fit so as to move about with ease. Picture a person whose on a wheelchair, and you require someone to push you up a ramp, it becomes harder for the one helping you if you overweight. Or even if you to move yourself on that wheelchair you easily become out of breathe. It's essentially important for everyone to eat healthy, and more important for pwds cause our exercising routine is limited depending on nature of disability.

• shubhammutagishubhammutagi in ✭
    Answer βœ“

not at all all pwd's eat anything they want

• shubhammutagishubhammutagi in ✭
    Answer βœ“