Join the community

Register now

How do you write an application if you are 50% disabled?

Hello to all:-)

who can tell me how to write an application, how to add into the application that you are 50% disabled!

I would be grateful for any advice:-)

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Comments

• Response 1:

You should not make your disability the subject of your application, but only mention it for the sake of clarity. You are applying for a job because of your profession and/or your qualifications. That should always be the subject of an application. I have mentioned my disability, but at the same time I have emphasised that my disability does not limit me in the exercise of my profession. Of course, this does not apply to all professions and all disabilities. A wheelchair user could only write something like that if he had a desk job. A diabetic would find it difficult to cope with a job that requires 24-hour shift work, and a leg amputee would need different conditions. You know best how much your disability limits or burdens you. It is very important to be honest, because if you pretend to be healthy, it will come out later anyway.

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

• Ich bin auch gerade dabei mir einen neuen Job zu suchen und habe auch die Behinderung 50G. Mir wurde gesagt beim Bewerbungsgespräch gfs. darauf hinweisen. Mir sieht man es nicht an. Am besten den goldenen Mittelweg finden. Sagt ja auch viel über den Arbeitgeber aus wenn dieser ein Problem damit hat.