Making mobility scooter faster

I got a 6 km/h WZ scooter from my health insurance. But I would like to be able to go a bit faster with my dog. Is it possible to upgrade the scooter to e.g. 10 km/h with little effort?

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

Comments

• Response 1:

I'm glad you found EnableMe. I wouldn't tinker with the technology. That could get you into a lot of trouble. But maybe larger wheels can be fitted to your scooter. A friend of mine has fitted larger wheels to his Swisstrac. Since then his Swisstrac drives between 10 and 12 km/h .

Another alternative would be to buy a faster motor from the manufacturer and replace the 6 km/h motor with it. You have to keep the slow 6 km/h motor in a safe place. If this scooter is returned to your health insurance company at some point, you will have to have it reinstalled. However, you should bear in mind that the battery performance will be greatly reduced. The batteries must then be recharged more quickly because the faster motor consumes more power.

Response 2:

Something like this should have been discussed beforehand. the frame and the battery etc. were not made for a 10er. Maybe you can have someone look at the electronics, but you shouldn't have the motor made so fast or it will break down faster and the frame will bend faster as I said. since you have it from your insurance, never get anything done to it by yourself. then the warranty is gone and the clinic gets into trouble. always have something like this done by the clinic. never adjust scooters that are approved by the insurance company yourself...

The posts from this dummy user come from real users from the German-speaking community throughout the 15 year-long exchange on the forum.

• If you do this, you cant drive it anymore in germany!