AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES FOR PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES

AGRICULTURE IS THE BACKBORN OF ECONOMY,

WHAT TYPE OF ACTIVITIES CAN PERSONS WITH DISABILITIES ENGAGE IN? ?

WHAT CHALLENGES DO YOU FACE WHILE PRACTISING AGRICULTURAL ACTIVITIES?

WHAT LESSONS DO YOU HAVE FOR SOMEONE WHO WANTS TO VENTURE INTO AGRICULTURE?

Answers

• Good question, looking forward to learning too😊

• @Emilly_EnableMe do you have any good examples from Uganda of persons with a disability working in agriculture? (Would be nice to post them as a comment under this question).

• I think a negative attitude from society is the biggest barrier towards persons with disabilities venturing into meaningful agricultural activities. In Kenya, we have so many policies on agricultural activities that persons with disabilities can benefit from but are unknown to PWDs because they are not involved during formulation. for instance tax-free on agricultural machinery.

• @Wycliffe2020 I really like your answer. By any chance could you have some articles on the same for the discussions to go wider

• There are many activities that persons with disabilities can be involved in.The thing you need to deal with is the mindset.Believing everything is possible Agriculture being taken in as a business not leisure pass time.We have ME involved in poultry,pig farming and crop production. What maybe you cannot achieve physically you need to look at a business having employees to help you with some tasks

• @Agnes AHA! That's good to hear. Looking at Agriculture from a business perspective. It also can be a bigger employer to individuals who are open minded